Alison’s practice spans all aspects of pensions advisory, transactional and litigation matters. She has extensive experience advising employers and trustees on pension scheme creation, maintenance and termination, as well as on the pension-related implications of corporate transactions and restructurings.
Alison also has considerable experience dealing with the UK Pensions Regulator, and conducting proceedings before the Pensions Ombudsman and the High Court.
Chambers ranks Alison as a leader in her field. She is a member of the UK Association of Pensions Lawyers and is a regular speaker at external events.
She has recently advised:
- the Fayed Family Trust on the pensions aspects of selling the Harrods Group to Qatar Holding LLC, the investment arm of Qatari sovereign wealth fund Qatar Investment Authority
- Severn Trent on the merger of UK defined-benefit pension arrangements
- Time Warner on a range of issues relating to its UK pension arrangements
- trustees of the Timet UK Limited Pension Plan in High Court proceedings on a disputed ill-health early retirement plan
- Provident Financial on the conversion of the Provident Financial Scheme into a cash balance scheme in respect of future service