Ali advises clients on contentious and non-contentious matters related to fraud, corruption, money laundering and sanctions. Ali has experience advising on internal and external investigations, including investigations conducted by the Serious Fraud Office. Ali also advises companies on compliance procedures and reporting obligations.
Ali has spent time on secondment to the financial crimes team of a global financial institution.
Ali’s recent experience includes advising:
- various financial institutions on the money laundering risks associated with investments in cannabis-related businesses
- a publicly listed company on an internal investigation into the alleged misappropriation of funds
- an individual under criminal investigation in relation to alleged acts of bribery
- a statutory body on the commission of fraud offences following the misappropriation of trust assets
- a multinational company on money laundering and sanctions risks