Representing clients in various Fair Work Commission matters, Alexis utilises her knowledge gained as an Associate in the Fair Work Commission to pursue valuable outcomes and commercial objectives. Alexis strives to obtain practical outcomes for her clients, not just legal results.
Alexis provides advice and successfully manages litigation from start to finish in multiple jurisdictions, Courts and the Commission. Having worked for an employer organisation, Alexis has unique insight into the energy, mining and resources and manufacturing sectors as well as extensive experience representing clients in aviation, retail, banking and infrastructure.
Areas of practice for Alexis include:
- workplace strategy;
- enterprise bargaining;
- right of entry;
- industrial action;
- termination of employment;
- Building and Construction Code;
- employee contracts; and
- workplace policy.
Recently, Alexis has:
- undertaken a three month secondment to a global aviation company to facilitate enterprise bargaining strategy
- completed a five month secondment to a global oil and gas company to oppose a majority support to determination and increase employee engagement
- advised on and facilitated enterprise bargaining for a mining industry player
- prosecuting parties for breaches of the Fair Work Act
- developed and implemented a right of entry strategy
Alexis holds a Juris Doctor, Law and a Bachelor of Arts from The University of Melbourne. Alexis has previously worked as an associate in the Fair Work Commission and for an employer organisation. She is admitted to practice in the High Court, Federal Court and the Supreme Court of Victoria. Alexis is a member of the Industrial Relations Society of Victoria.