Alex’s practice spans all aspects of the employment relationship, including senior executive employment arrangements, employment litigation, termination of employment, and workplace investigations. Alex also practises in WHS matters, advising clients on their WHS obligations and providing regulatory support.
Alex assists clients in a broad range of sectors, including national sporting organisations, financial services and mining. He provides support and advice to major Australian and international organisations, and adopts a commercial approach in assisting clients with understanding their legal obligations and navigating the employment landscape.
Alex has experience supporting clients with both litigious and non-litigious employment matters, including:
- unfair dismissal, breach of General Protections and discrimination claims and litigation in the Fair Work Commission, Federal Circuit Court and Federal Court and Australian Human Rights Commission
- award compliance and underpayment claims
- enforcement of post-employment obligations and restrictions against former employees
- structuring executive employment arrangements, including drafting and negotiation of key management personnel contracts
- responding to regulatory notices from work health and safety bodies.
Alex is valued for his ability to provide targeted and commercial advice to clients on a broad range of employment and safety related matters, and is recognised for his personable nature, which helps him form lasting connections with his clients.
Alex’s recent experience includes:
- Advising ASX 200 companies on senior executives’ employment conditions and exit arrangements and related regulatory compliance issues.
- Acting for corporate clients in high profile employment-related litigation, including multi-jurisdictional post-employment restraint of trade proceedings.
- Advising a large-scale mining company with international operations on their incident response procedures.
- Conducting employment due diligence for corporate transactions (M&A and IPOs).
- Conducting workplace training for clients regarding their work health and safety obligations.
Alex holds a Juris Doctor from the University of Sydney, as well as a Masters of Commerce and a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of New South Wales. He is admitted as a solicitor of the High Court of Australia and the Supreme Court of New South Wales.