Alex is a corporate lawyer specialising in the real estate sector. He advises clients on a range of corporate real estate and private equity real estate transactions, including indirect corporate acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, minority/majority structured investments, management co-investments, and solvent/insolvent reorganisations.
Working within the real estate team, Alex combines corporate expertise with real estate sector knowledge and experience. He has advised clients, as the lead associate, on some of the highest profile and most complex corporate real estate transactions in the UK market.
His expertise includes co-ordinating the corporate, tax, finance, funds and property aspects of corporate real estate deals.
Alex has written published articles in leading publications in the area of corporate real estate.
Alex's experience includes advising:
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board on its 50:50 joint venture with BT Pension Fund at Milton Park, Oxfordshire (one of Europe's largest business, science and technology parks)
- a joint venture equity and mezzanine finance provider on a number of joint venture investments in UK residential developments
- Both majority investors and minority co-investors on joint venture and management arrangements in respect of UK real estate
- Oxford Properties on its sale (together with its joint venture partner British Land) of the Leadenhall Building, London (commonly known as the Cheesegrater) for £1.15 billion
- British Land and its joint venture partner on the £1 billion sale of the UK headquarters of UBS in Broadgate, London