Alex has extensive experience in complex internal investigations and litigation, including matters involving commercial litigation, the FCPA, False Claims Act, OFAC sanctions violations, money laundering, the Anti-Terrorism Act, and cross border multi-jurisdiction investigations. He has represented major banks, senior executives, former government officials, and large corporations in a wide array of matters. He has also handled banking regulatory and compliance matters while seconded at Jefferies Group LLC.
Alex graduated from George Washington University Law School with honors in 2016 and is admitted to practice law in New York, Washington, DC and the US District Court for the District of Columbia.
Alex's experience includes advising:
- a large defense contractor in a DOJ investigation into potential violations of the False Claims Act in US government contract overseas
- a NYSE-listed company in connection with SEC and DOJ investigations into potential violations of the FCPA
- Equinox Management Inc., an insurance company, in defense from a lawsuit brought over contract disputes by Advanced Risk Managers LTD
- the Archdiocese of New York, in an independent investigation of clergy sexual abuse allegations
- SIG Trading Ltd., a construction product manufacturer, in defense from a lawsuit brought a US rival in federal district court, successfully securing early dismissal from action
- a major health care consulting firm in civil litigation concerning employee poaching and theft of trade secrets*
- a large international bank in related FCPA and UK Bribery Act investigations conducted by multiple government agencies across multiple jurisdictions (including SEC, DOJ and the UK’s SFO)*
- a senior executive of a multinational aircraft manufacturer in an Air Force contractor debarment action related to FCPA allegations*
- a major pharmaceutical distributor in DEA administrative action and related litigation concerning alleged violations of the Controlled Substances Act*
- a former Director of National Intelligence and former CIA Director in providing witness testimony in House and Senate investigations*
- anonymous US victims of ISIS terrorist attack in Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act lawsuit against the Syrian government*
- a pharmacy owner prosecuted for drug trafficking offenses, Medicare fraud and money laundering by the US Attorney’s Office for SDNY during sentencing phase of trial*
*Indicates experience acquired at a previous firm.