Alex is an IT & outsourcing lawyer who advises public and private sector customers and suppliers on a range of commercial, systems integration, business transformation and complex multi-vendor outsourcing projects. Alex specialises in working with clients to design and implement innovative solutions, from disruptive new consumer technologies to large scale multi-vendor outsourcing arrangements and IT / digital transformations.
Alex has particular experience in cloud-based, agile and multi-tenanted commercial contracting and complex ITO/BPO transactions having worked as US & EMEA legal counsel at start-up, SaaS-based eCommerce provider Venda during its sale to NetSuite and further to secondments to the Complex Contracting (UKI) team at global management consulting and professional services firm Accenture and to Unicorn luxury fashion eCommerce platform Farfetch.
Alex has advised:
- BP on the application of weights and measures laws and regulations to electronic receipt delivery in connection with the innovative BPme pay-at-pump mobile application
- a confidential client on the renegotiation of its existing multi-billion pound legacy IT infrastructure arrangement with a consortium of suppliers, including the migration and transformation of its entire global technology estate to a cloud-based service delivery model
- the European Bank of Reconstruction and Development on the first generation outsourcing of its infrastructure, networks, and security, including matters in connection with its unique privileges, immunities and exemptions
- a confidential client on an exclusive, strategic licensing and distribution arrangement with a Silicon Valley-based technology start-up in connection with a proprietary smart Wi-Fi enabled parental control and Internet filtering platform (including hardware and software)
- Goldman Sachs on a range of business critical outsourcing and IT projects including on the infrastructure and network arrangements for the strategic launch of its operations in the Middle East including its brokerage and securities business activities
- Google on various cutting edge sourcing and IT projects including advising on a range of outsourced infrastructure projects, network, data centre and IP transit arrangements to support its ongoing expansion in Europe