Alex has a strong understanding of complex commercial tax issues and continues to develop close relationships with the firm's clients. Alex frequently advises on tax issues relating to various commercial real estate transactions, corporate mergers and acquisitions, as well as securitisations and other financing transactions.
Alex's recent experience includes advising:
- British Land on the sale of 5 Broadgate by its 50/50 joint venture with GIC, Bluebutton REIT Limited, to CK Asset Holdings Limited for £1 billion
- Virgin Group on its announced disposal of a 31% stake in Virgin Atlantic to Air France-KLM for £220 million and the resulting three-party joint venture between them and Delta Air Lines
- Orange Group on its €350 million acquisition of hybrid cloud services and big data analytics group Basefarm Holding from private equity investment firm Abry Partners
- Broadgate Estates on its disposal of its property management business for clients outside of the British Land group to Savills (UK) Limited by way of an asset sale
- UK mortgage providers on the sales of their portfolios through warehouse and securitisation transactions
Alex holds a degree in Natural Sciences from the University of Cambridge. He completed his legal studies at BPP University, and his subsequent training with the firm included a 6 month secondment to our Seoul office.