Alex focusses on all matters that relate to the Intellectual Property of clients and their competitors.
Alex has extensive experience in the area of patent- and utility model litigation including one of the first German cases where an anti-anti-suit injunction was sought. He advises clients in national and multinational patent cases with regard to infringement and validity proceedings and represents them in German proceedings.
He, further, advises clients on IP-related issues in transactions, in particular assessing risks arising from existing IP assets and agreements as well as avoiding risks arising from contracts to be concluded in the course of the transaction.
Alex furthermore advises clients on protecting their Intellectual Property and Know-How without registering IP rights, in particular with his expertise on the German Code on Business Secrets which is in force since 2019.
Alex’s experience includes advising and representing:
- a global electronics company with regard to various FTO and IP enforcement issues
- an international biotech company relating to assay technology
- an international pharmaceutical company against various generics (including the coordination of multinational patent litigation)*
- a global electronics company against an anti-anti-suit injunction request of an NPE*
- a global technology company in multinational patent infringement proceedings concerning video data encoding*
*prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills