Alejandro specialises in public law with a focus on the energy and infrastructure sectors. Prior to joining the firm, Alejandro worked for two years as a trainee lawyer within the public law departments of two different international leading law firms in Spain.
He has also worked in the Public Administration during another two years. Currently, Alejandro teaches administrative law in the European University of Madrid.
Alejandro's experience includes advising:
- Brookfield Asset Management on its US$4.6 billion acquisition of Westinghouse Electric Company from Japan's Toshiba Corp. Westinghouse Electric Company is a leader in the supply of nuclear technology with presence in more than 20 countries worldwide
- an energy association on a contentious administrative appeal against regulations governing the electricity discount rate (social bonus) for customers
- Banco Santander on the bridge financing granted to Ence Energía Solar in relation to the acquisition of a project company owner of a thermo-solar power plant in Castilla la Mancha, Spain
- Ardian France on the acquisition of 100% of the shares owned by the counterparties in the " Parque Eólico Los Ausines" wind farm project
- Abengoa on the €840 million sale of their 41.5% stake in Atlantica Yield to the Canadian company Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp
- Magnum Capital Partners on the acquisition of CMVC Group, a group of companies dedicated to the provision and intermediation in the provision of health and medical care services and the operation of hospitals and medical care clinics
- Magnum Capital Partners on the acquisition and subsequent disposal of Iberchem, a group of companies involved in the production of fragrances and flavours
Alejandro holds a double degree in Law and Political Science from the Carlos III of Madrid University, during which he also studied at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). He also holds a Master's degree in Legal Practice, specializing in public law, from Comillas Pontifical University ICAI-ICADE and an Master's degree in Environmental Law from Rovira i Virgili University.