Before joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Alejandro spent more than two years as a corporate/M&A and capital markets lawyer at another leading international law firm.
He has advised listed and non-listed companies in several domestic and cross-border transactions, including private equity and M&A transactions of diverse nature, including renewable energy transactions, corporate restructuring, due diligence processes and private contracting.
Alejandro's experience includes advising:
- Obrascón Huarte Laín (OHLA) on the circa €650 million debt restructuring and recapitalisation, including five share capital increases (one rights issue, one private placement and three debt capitalisations)*
- Intermediate Capital Group (ICG) on the circa €550 million selling of Suanfarma to ArchiMed*
- Mediapro Group on its debt restructuring and recapitalisation*
- Anémona Gestión on the sale to ProA Capital of a majority stake in one of its subsidiaries specialised in the distribution of materials and the management of logistics services for the energy, telecommunications and industrial sectors*
- Auxadi Contables & Consultores on the disposal of 40% of its share capital to Inflexion Private Equity Partners*
*Experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills
Alejandro has a law degree from Universidad de Valencia, which was partially studied in Utrecht University (the Netherlands).
He holds a double master in lawyering and international business law (LLM) from ESADE Business & Law School. Additionally, Alejandro holds diplomas issued by Columbia Law School (US) and Bucerius Law School (Germany).
In addition to Spanish as his native language, Alejandro is fluent in English.