Based in Madrid, Alberto has broad experience working with clients on public and private mergers and acquisitions, LBOs for private equity players, corporate restructuring, equity capital markets transactions and private commercial transactions.
Alberto helps investment bankers, corporates and financial buyers on local and multi-jurisdictional deals and leads multidisciplinary cross-border teams to ensure the best outcomes in complex transactions.
Alberto’s experience includes advising:
- Torreal/Mutua Madrileña on the acquisition of a majority stake in Ingesport, parent company of the group managing and developing the chain of sport/fitness centres "GoFit"
- H.I.G. Capital
- on the acquisition of Tres60 Servicios Audiovisuales
- on the acquisition of Impursa and Sistemas
- Portobello Capital on the acquisition of a majority stake in Eysa
- Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. (KKR) on the acquisition of a one-third stake in Acciona Energía International
- a Spanish consortium, including Abengoa, ACS Cobra, Indra Sistemas, OHL, Adif, Renfe and Patentes Talgo, among others, on the legal aspects of the joint venture for the construction and operation of the Haramain High-speed Railway project (HHR) linking Meca and Medina, the two holy cities in Saudi Arabia
Publications and accolades
Chambers & Partners (Global and Europe) describe Alberto as a "hard-worker, trust-worthy and measured in negotiations" and "He is good at the negotiating table and at managing internal resources". He was also ranked in Best Lawyers in 2016.
Alberto is also a private equity and cross-border M&A lecturer in LLM courses at the prestigious business and law school Instituto de Empresa. He is a frequent speaker at seminars and conferences at institutions such as IFAES or FIDE.
He contributes articles to specialist publications and authored a chapter of the collective work "Operaciones Mercantiles y Productos de Inversión en los Mercados Financieros", Editorial Bosch, Ed. 2011.
Alberto completed his law degree at the University of Granada, and obtained his LL.M (with honours) from Instituto de Empresa (Madrid).