Alan works with clients on all forms of dispute resolution including High Court litigation, arbitration and mediation proceedings. He is also the firm’s Head of UK Class Actions and Co-Head of Partnerships.
Alan has nearly 30 years dispute resolution experience and is an extremely versatile dispute resolution lawyer.
Alan has significant expertise encompassing commercial disputes, partnerships, media and entertainment law and defamation and privacy. He is sought out for difficult and complex cases often involving proceedings and the use of injunctions in numerous jurisdictions. He is a go-to specialist for companies and individuals whose reputation or privacy may be under threat and is regularly called upon to prevent the unauthorised use of confidential information.
He is recognised as "one of the best litigation lawyers in the City" by Legal 500 UK 2021 and as a "very well-respected litigator" who "handles a number of complex and highly sensitive matters across a range of sectors" by Chambers UK 2020.
In Legal 500 UK 2021 he is ranked in their “Hall of Fame” category for Commercial Litigation, Reputation Management and Partnerships.
Alan’s experience includes advising:
- Italian and French individuals and corporate defendants in high-profile breach of privacy, libel and trademark infringement claims
- Scottish Media Group and Virgin Radio on successfully defending High Court action brought by UK celebrity broadcaster Chris Evans, following his dismissal in June 2001
- Tottenham Hotspur Football Club in a dispute with the English Football Association (FA) regarding point deduction and exclusion from the FA Cup
- talkSPORT in its defence against an attempt by the BBC to stop it broadcasting its unofficial commentaries of Euro 2000 matches
- UK celebrity manager John Reid, in his dispute with the Irish dancer Michael Flatley, over the termination of Reid’s management agreement