Alan works with clients on all forms of dispute resolution including High Court litigation, arbitration and mediation proceedings.
Alan advises his clients on sports law, media and entertainment law, company and commercial disputes, professional negligence claims and defamation matters.
Legal 500 2012 described him as “an expert in partnership matters, with bags of experience,” and Chambers UK 2011 refer to him as a “tough litigator”.
Alan’s experience includes advising:
- Italian and French individuals and corporate defendants in high-profile breach of privacy, libel and trademark infringement claims
- Scottish Media Group and Virgin Radio on successfully defending High Court action brought by UK celebrity broadcaster Chris Evans, following his dismissal in June 2001
- Tottenham Hotspur Football Club in a dispute with the English Football Association (FA) regarding point deduction and exclusion from the FA Cup
- talkSPORT in its defence against an attempt by the BBC to stop it broadcasting its unofficial commentaries of Euro 2000 matches
- UK celebrity manager John Reid, in his dispute with the Irish dancer Michael Flatley, over the termination of Reid’s management agreement