Ahu is a US and UK qualified lawyer who advises on a wide range of domestic and cross-border finance transactions with a particular focus on leveraged acquisition finance. Acting for a broad base of clients including major financial institutions, direct lenders, sponsors, other borrowers and market participants, Ahu provides expert and high quality legal advice on financings, many of which are complex and innovative by nature.
Prior to joining the firm, she worked in the banking and finance group of a major US law firm. During this time Ahu completed a secondment to Deutsche Bank's Asset and Wealth Management group. Ahu is fluent in English, French and Turkish.
Ahu's experience includes advising:
- Deutsche Bank on a US$1.2 billion term loan B to a Chinese private equity house in connection with a high profile US asset purchase transaction
- a large investment fund in connection with the majority of its participations in U.S. and European term loans B
- ENERGO-PRO a.s., a Czech utilities company in connection with their EUR370 million 4% notes due 2022 with a final senior unsecured 'BB' rating. The notes have been listed on the Irish Stock Exchange
- H.I.G. European Capital Partners in connection with a complex amendment to a Securities Purchase Agreement relating to €14 million Series A floating rate senior secured term notes and €9.5 million Series B PIK notes between a Luxembourg based HIG fund and Pricoa
- Sberbank on the NY law aspects of a US$ facility financing for Gett Taxi and the group's subsequent internal restructuring
- The Brunner Investment Trust plc in connection with the issuance of its £25 million US private placement notes
Ahu was admitted to the New York Bar in 2008 and has been qualified to practice law in England & Wales since 2012. She was also admitted to the Istanbul Bar in 2007.
Duke University School of Law, LLM, 2005
Université Jean Moulin-Lyon III, Maîtrise en Droit, 2004