Agostino advises clients on the full spectrum of UK, EU and multi-jurisdictional competition law matters including authority investigations and court appeals, domestic competition litigation, M&A transaction review and clearance, State aid and other competition law compliance issues.
Agostino has experience of working with clients in a range of sectors including financial services, private equity, air freight, aerospace and defence, and petrochemicals.
Agostino's experience includes advising:
- a state-owned energy company on the competition law aspects of its strategic joint venture, obtaining merger control clearances from antitrust authorities in the EU, South Africa and Indonesia*
- a global defence contractor to obtain Phase I clearance from the European Commission in its acquisition by an aerospace and defence company*
- a financial institution in ongoing European Commission cartel investigations in the financial sector*
- a cargo airline in its written and oral appeal before the European General Court against the European Commission’s re-adopted decision imposing €776 million of fines*
* Experience gained prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills
Agostino has practised as a competition lawyer both in London and in Brussels
MSc in Law, Business & Management (Distinction), University of Law
Bachelor of Arts, Economics with French, University of Nottingham