A specialist energy and infrastructure lawyer with particular experience in project development, international construction, project finance and M&A, Adrian has provided comprehensive and integrated advice on all aspects of infrastructure project development including acquisitions and disposals.
He has extensive experience in Asia acting for sponsors, government authorities, lenders (both commercial and multilateral/ECA), EPC contractors, feedstock and utilities suppliers and potential offtakers and O&M service providers across the entire energy and infrastructure value chain.
Adrian works closely with Herbert Smith Freehills' Energy and Infrastructure teams and has particular in-depth understanding and practical experience across Asia, having supported clients on projects in Singapore, the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Myanmar and Mongolia.
Adrian's experience includes:
- representing the Public Utilities Board of Singapore as transaction advisor on a 50MW Large-Scale Floating Solar Photovoltaic Project at Tengeh Reservoir, Singapore, the first and largest floating solar project in the region
- Microsoft Corporation on its purchase of environmental attributes and renewable energy certificates associated with electric energy generated by various roof top solar energy facilities from the Sunseap group
- an international solar developer on the structuring of a Corporate PPA with a multinational RE100 technology company accompanied by an offshore sale and purchase of renewable energy certificates from electricity generated from solar power plants in India
- Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy Pty Ltd (Taiwan Branch) on certain aspects of its design, manufacture, transport, installation, commission, service and supply of wind turbines for the Formosa 1 (Phase 2) offshore wind farm project in Taiwan
- advising Sarawak Energy Berhad on the development and construction of the Baram 1 Hydro-Electric Power Project and the Baleh Hydro-Electric Power Project
- an international hyperscale data centre developer and operator in the development of various suites of construction documentation (including lump sum design & build, guaranteed maximum price, construct-only) for its greenfield data centre projects in Indonesia
- a leading American global colocation data centre developer and operator in the development of a greenfield colocation data centre in Indonesia
- EverYondr, a strategic joint venture partnership between Yondr (the Netherlands-based hyperscale datacentre operator) and private equity firm Everstone Group on the development and construction of an up to 60MW hyperscale data centre facility located in the Mumbai Metropolitan Region, India.
- Gashubunited Malaysia LNG Sdn. Bhd. on the design, build and construction of a Tier IV data centre with accompanying cogeneration plant (electricity and chilled water) for the supply of various utilities in Malaysia
- PT SMI on the Batam Indonesia Free Trade Zone and Free Port Authority, specifically the procurement of an Implementing Business Entity for the expansion, refurbishment, operation and maintenance of the Hang Nadim International Airport in Batam, Indonesia
- the lead commercial consortium member of a bidder on its bid for the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High Speed Rail project.
- an international architectural company as part of its bid to provide master architect consultancy services for the Terminal 5 (Changi East Development) project in Singapore
- the consortium of Alstom Transport SA and Bouygues Travaux Publics SA on the Cavite Extension LRT 1 Project in the Philippines
- Alstom Transport SA on a contract for the design, manufacture, supply, installation, testing and commission of standard gauge cars for the Mass Rapid Transit System-Kochi Metro Rail in India.
Infrastructure and PPP
- several governmental authorities as part of an advisor consortium together with Mott Macdonald and Ernst & Young on 13 interventions initiated pursuant to the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office Prosperity Fund Global Future Cities Programme spanning Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines and Vietnam
- PT Sarana Multi Infrastruktur (Persero) on the prefeasibility study for the Soekarno Hatta International Airport to Manggarai Rail Link PPP project in Jakarta, which will involve the preparation of submission of applications for government support either in the form of an IIGF guarantee or otherwise
- ECO Special Waste Management (part of the Beijing Capital Group) on all aspects of the development of an SG$90 million soot processing facility pursuant to a soot disposal and collection agreement entered into with specialist gas multinational Linde Gas
- Veolia ES Singapore Industrial Pte Ltd on the development of a hazardous waste treatment plant project in Singapore
- Veolia Environmental Services on its bid (together with consortium partner Envac) for the DBOO District Pneumatic Conveyance System project in Singapore