Adrian has been advising clients on competition and procurement law matters for over 25 years. Adrian always strives to provide clients with practical, commercial solutions in these potentially complex areas of law.
Adrian advises clients across the full spectrum of competition law, including mergers, joint ventures, commercial agreements, cartels and state aid, in a wide range of sectors..
Adrian is a recognised leading expert on procurement law. He advises clients on the application of procurement law to all kinds of public sector and utility projects, including infrastructure, rail transport, energy, urban regeneration and IT. Clients include High Speed 2 (HS2) Ltd, Transport for London and Greater London Authority.
Adrian also provides expert training to EU procurement officials. He is Assistant Editor and a regular contributor to the Public Procurement Law Review.
Adrian's experience includes advising:
- AerCap on the merger control aspects of its US$31 billion acquisition of General Electric’s Capital Aviation Services, including obtaining clearance from the European Commission
- MUFG Bank on the high-profile investigation by the European Commission into a cartel in the spot foreign exchange (forex) market and follow-on damages claims
- High Speed Two (HS2) on the massive project to construct the High Speed 2 railway, including the procurement procedures for the enabling works, main civil works, station designs and rolling stock
- Transport for London / London Underground on procurement issues relating to Railway Control Systems, mobile telecommunications, network upgrade works (e.g. Northern Line Extension) and a number of over-station developments (including Paddington Square and Southwark)
- EDF and NNB on the EU procurement and State aid aspects of their plans to build four new nuclear plants in the United Kingdom
- Greater London Authority on procurement procedures to select development partners for the Silvertown Quays and Thameside West redevelopment projects, both in the Royal Docklands of London
- Ministry of Defence on several large IT procurement projects
- Weir Group on the merger control aspects of the sale of its oil and gas division to Caterpillar Inc.
- Gazprom on the multi-jurisdictional merger control assessment of a joint venture in the field of engineering services
- a Japanese energy company on the European Commission's antitrust investigation into alleged restrictions on the importation of liquefied natural gas (LNG) into the EU
Adrian is dual-qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales and as an advocaat in Belgium.