Adam has a broad corporate and commercial law practice with particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructures, joint ventures and strategic alliances, foreign investment, commercial contracting and other commercial transactions.
He has worked across a variety of industries for major Australian and global corporations and has expertise in the food & beverages, agribusiness, mining & resources, retail and property industries. Adam leads our agribusiness focus group in Sydney, Australia.
Adam has advised:
- BHP Billiton on its participation in the Queensland Coal Industry Rail Group’s proposal to acquire the coal rail assets of QR Network
- BHP Billiton on its Indonesian metallurgical coal joint venture with Adaro Energy
- Metcash on its acquisition of a 75% interest in the Automotive Brands Group
- Cadbury on the separation and sale of its Schweppes beverages business to Asahi
- Lend Lease on establishment of its Resolution Capital real estate securities joint venture and later exit
- Yanzhou Coal on aspects of its merger of its Yancoal Australia subsidiary with Gloucester Coal
- Hanlong Resources on its proposed takeover of Sundance Resources
- National Australia Bank on its move to 100% ownership of Plum Financial Services and associated product distribution arrangements with Vanguard, and
- National Australia Bank on various underwriting and/or arranging roles for unlisted property investment fund capital raisings