Adam has a broad corporate and commercial law practice with particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructures, joint ventures and strategic alliances, foreign investment, commercial contracting and other commercial transactions.
He has worked across a variety of industries for major Australian and global corporations, including for clients in the mining & resources, consumer, retail, infrastructure, professional services and property industries.
A selection of Adam’s experience includes advising:
- BHP on various transactions, including the demerger of its aluminium, manganese and selected nickel and coal assets though the creation of South32
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board on its acquisition of a 30% interest in the AirTrunk Group
- WPP AUNZ on various transactions, including the disposal of its Kantar businesses and its earlier merger with WPP plc and acquisition of WPP’s Australia and New Zealand businesses
- Yancoal Australia on various transactions, including its acquisition of Coal & Allied and the associated establishment of its Hunter Valley Operations joint venture with Glencore
- Eclipx Group on various divestments, including the disposal of the Grays auctions business
- The Boston Consulting Group on its acquisition of The Simulation Group
- Wesfarmers on its demerger of Coles
- The Foschini Group on its acquisition of the RAG menswear business
- Centennial Coal on its disposal of certain NSW coal assets to Delta Electricity