Adam specialises in the area of general finance and has worked on a number of significant transactions in the leveraged and investment grade markets, including secured and syndicated lending transactions, acquisition financing, supply chain financing and debt restructurings and distressed financings.
Adam's finance experience extends across the borders of South Africa, where he has assisted in transactions involving Zimbabwe, Angola, Nigeria, Kenya and Ethiopia.
Adam's experience includes advising:
- a major telecommunications company in respect of the restructuring of its ZAR30 billion debt package from a host of local and international financial institutions and noteholders, and a restructuring of the capital structure of the group
- a major multinational corporation in respect of a USD424 Million revolving credit facility made available to its Nigerian subsidiary
- the Standard Bank of South Africa Limited, Nedbank Limited, FirstRand Bank Limited, Old Mutual Life Assurance Company South Africa Limited and Absa Bank Limited in respect of various term facilities, revolving credit facilities, working capital facilities, structured trade facilities and headroom facilities in an aggregate amount of approximately ZAR5 billion made available to various members of the a major local consumer goods company (including its operations in the United Kingdom) for the purposes of refinancing existing credit lines as well as the working capital requirements of the group
- an American credit fund in relation to its purchasing of a minority stake in a gold mining group in South Africa and its stream funding and offtake arrangements with the group
- a local fund manager in relation to a leveraged buyout transaction of an offshore entity controlling a group of local companies involved in the coal mining industry for approximately ZAR1.5 billion