Clients appreciate Adam’s considered and strategic approach to enterprise bargaining and industrial relations. He regularly assists clients navigate the employment and industrial issues associated with:
- responding to workplace disputes
- managing business restructuring and redevelopment
- drafting and interpreting employment contracts, industrial instruments and workplace policies
- dealing with employee performance and conduct issues
Adam has also been involved in significant litigation in the Supreme Court, Federal Court, Federal Circuit Court and in the Fair Work Commission. In these matters, Adam has assisted clients to:
- obtain orders to stop unprotected industrial action
- obtain interlocutory injunctions to stop unlawful picketing
- defend adverse action, general protections and underpayment claims
- defend allegations of breach of industrial instruments and federal legislation
Adam holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of International Relations from LaTrobe University and was admitted to the Supreme Court of Victoria in December 2011. Adam is also a registered practitioner with the High Court of Australia.
Prior to commencing at Herbert Smith Freehills, Adam worked at Fair Work Australia as the Associate to Senior Deputy President Kaufman.