Aaron works with corporates and investors in the telecoms and technology sectors. He spent a number of years working at mobile operator O2 and also at Telefonica's digital division. He has experience advising a broad cross-section of companies on strategic transactions and projects across fibre networks, mobile towers, data centres, satellite and subsea cable systems, as well technology collaborations and investments in high-tech start-ups. Aaron's experience means he is well placed to help companies use digital technologies and approaches to create value.
Aaron's practice is global, recently working with clients in the UK, Australia, the U.S., Africa and Latin America. His experience of telecoms regulation covers the EU and the UK, together with a diverse range of developing economies.
Aaron's experience includes advising:
- Bharti Global Limited, a member of the consortium with the UK Government (through the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy), on the entry by the consortium into agreement for the acquisition of the OneWeb LEO satellite business in connection with its U.S. court-supervised sale process
- Virgin Media on its long-term £1bn plus wholesale mobile network services agreement with Vodafone, including its launch of 5G services
- VEON on its US$1bn project with Ericsson for the digital transformation of its IT business support systems in multiple jurisdictions
- Telefónica on its mobile network sharing arrangements with Vodafone, including for 5G mobile services, and the proposed sale of a stake of its UK towers infrastructure JV ‘CTIL’ with Vodafone
- Antin Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition of Spanish fibre optic wholesale operator Ufinet
- Tata Communications on the sale of its UK and Netherlands cable business
- Orange Group on its €350 million acquisition of hybrid cloud-based infrastructure services and big data analytics group Basefarm Holding from U.S. private equity investment firm Abry Partners and management shareholders
- I Squared Capital on its US$1.86 billion acquisition of Hutchison Telecommunications' fixed line business
- Marubeni on its corporate venture capital investment in CCSL, an UK-based clean energy solutions tech company
- SingTel on its US$1.25 billion co-investment with Warburg Pincus, Temasek, and SoftBank in Airtel Africa Limited
Aaron is qualified in the United Kingdom and Australia.