Aaron works with corporates and investors in the TMT sector. He spent a number of years working at mobile operator O2 and also at Telefonica's digital division. He has a deep understanding of the telecoms and broader technology sectors and has experience advising across fixed, wireless, cable, broadband/internet, ICT, satellite, Wi-Fi, network equipment, devices, mobile towers and data centres. Aaron's experience means he is well placed to help clients seize the digital opportunity.
Aaron's practice is global, recently working with clients in the UK, Australia, the US, Africa and Latin America. His experience of telecoms regulation covers the EU and the UK, together with a diverse range of developing economies.
- Uber Technologies Inc. on the US$3.725 billion combination of its ridesharing business in Russia and neighbouring Commonwealth of Independent States countries with Yandex
- A global telecommunications and technology company on its US$1 billion project with an telecommunications equipment, software and services company for the digital transformation of its IT business support systems in multiple jurisdictions
- NBN Co on its AUD$11 billion purchase of Telstra's national copper and HFC networks, and on numerous aspects of the rollout of Australia's national broadband network *
- Proventus Capital Partners as lender to CityFibre on its acquisition of KCOM’s national dark fibre network in the UK *
- e-commerce firm Rakuten Europe SARL as lead investor in the syndicated venture capital financing of UK-based fintech start-up Azimo Ltd *
- Telefónica UK on its strategic pan-European collaboration with Vodafone to share mobile network infrastructure
- Telefónica UK on its successful bid in the UK 4G wireless spectrum auction in 2012/2013 *
- Telefonica on its acquisition of US video start up technology company Tokbox *
- Virgin Media in relation to the procurement of wholesale telecommunications services for its MVNO business from BT, and in relation to its launch of 4G and various regulatory issues *
*Experience prior to Herbert Smith Freehills
Aaron is qualified in the United Kingdom and Australia.