Aaron works with corporates and investors in the TMT sector. He spent a number of years working at mobile operator O2 and also at Telefonica's digital division. He has a deep understanding of the telecoms and broader technology sectors and has experience advising across fixed, wireless, cable, broadband/internet, ICT, satellite, Wi-Fi, network equipment, devices, mobile towers and data centres. Aaron's experience means he is well placed to help clients seize the digital opportunity.
Aaron's practice is global, recently working with clients in the UK, Australia, the US, Africa and Latin America. His experience of telecoms regulation covers the EU and the UK, together with a diverse range of developing economies.
Aaron's experience includes advising:
- Virgin Media on its long-term £1bn plus wholesale mobile network services agreement with Vodafone, including its launch of 5G services
- VEON on its US$1bn project with Ericsson for the digital transformation of its IT business support systems in multiple jurisdictions
- Telefónica on its mobile network sharing arrangements with Vodafone, including for 5G mobile services, and the proposed sale of a stake of its UK towers infrastructure JV ‘CTIL’ with Vodafone
- Antin Infrastructure Partners on the acquisition of Spanish fibre optic wholesale operator Ufinet
- Tata Communications on the sale of its UK and Netherlands cable business
- Orange Group on its €350 million acquisition of hybrid cloud-based infrastructure services and big data analytics group Basefarm Holding from U.S. private equity investment firm Abry Partners and management shareholders
- I Squared Capital on its US$1.86 billion acquisition of Hutchison Telecommunications' fixed line business
- Marubeni on its corporate venture capital investment in CCSL, an UK-based clean energy solutions tech company
- Potential Capital Management and Education Horizons Group on the acquisition of Double First Limited, a UK-based education-tech firm
- SingTel on its US$1.25 billion co-investment with Warburg Pincus, Temasek, and SoftBank in Airtel Africa Limited
Aaron is qualified in the United Kingdom and Australia.