Ayu is an associate in our US securities team, specialising in international securities offerings in the Asia-Pacific region.
As part of the firm's Southeast Asia capital markets practice, Ayu advises clients on cross-border securities offerings such as IPOs, rights issues, medium term note programmes, standalone debt issuances, high yield note offerings, and other transactions. She has experience across a wide range of industries and sectors including infrastructure, real estate and property development, and finance.
Ayu is a graduate of the University of Melbourne (B.A. and J.D.). She is admitted to practice in Victoria, Australia, and is also admitted to the New York State Bar. She is Indonesian and is fluent in English, Bahasa Indonesia, and Mandarin.
Experience & expertise
- JG Summit Holdings, one of the largest conglomerates in the Philippines, in the launch and pricing of US$600 million notes, the largest 10-year offshore bond deal by a Filipino company since 2013*
- PT Hutama Karya (Persero), an Indonesian state-owned infrastructure company, in the establishment of a US$1.5 billion global medium term note program and launch and pricing of US$600 million notes issued under the program, the first Indonesian sovereign-guaranteed program on the market*
- MISC Berhad, a significant subsidiary of Petronas, in the establishment of a US$3 billion global medium term note program and launch and pricing of US$600 million and US$400 million notes under the program*
- PT Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur Tbk (“Indofood”), a major Indonesian company involved in the food industry, in the launch and pricing of US$1.15 billion and US$600 million notes*
- PT Bukalapak.com Tbk (“Bukalapak”), Indonesia’s first tech unicorn, in the initial public offering listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange, raising US$1.5 billion, Indonesia’s largest IPO to date*
- PT Bank Rakyat Indonesia (“BRI”), one of the largest banks in Indonesia, in a rights issue, raising US$6.73 billion, the largest transaction of this type in Southeast Asia to date*
- PT Daya Mitra Telekomunikasi Tbk (“Mitratel”), an Indonesian state-owned tower operator, in the initial public offering listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange, raising US$1.3 billion*
- PT Medco Daya Energi Sentosa (“Medco”) in the purchase of JERA’s 14% stake in Indonesia’s PT Paiton Energy, which owns and operates coal-fired power plants in Indonesia under a longterm power purchase agreement with PT PLN, Indonesia’s national electricity power company*
*Experience prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills LLP