Anthony specialises in M&A and project development with a strong focus on oil and gas / LNG and renewable energy projects.
Anthony is a highly experienced energy lawyer with over two decades of experience working with clients in the upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas sectors internationally. Additionally, Anthony has substantial experience advising traditional energy clients on hydrogen, ammonia, and carbon capture projects. Anthony has worked on projects worldwide, including in Africa, North and South America, Europe and Asia, and more recently with a primary focus on Southeast Asia, North Asia, and the Middle East. Earlier in his career, Anthony spent six years as a senior lawyer at Royal Dutch Shell.
Anthony is recognised as a top tier energy lawyer by Chambers Global, Legal 500 and IFLR 1000 including a Band 1 ranking for Energy and Natural Resources (Singapore) by Chambers Asia Pacific.
Anthony's experience includes advising:
- ADNOC on a range of upstream and LNG projects in the UAE
- Mitsui on the Arctic 2 LNG project in Russia
- Mitsui on LNG and ammonia projects in the UAE
- PTTEP on its successful acquisition of Partex Oil and Gas
- PETRONAS on the RAPID refinery and petrochemical project in Malaysia, including formation of its joint venture with Saudi Aramco
Anthony holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) from the University of Melbourne. He is qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales and in Australia.