Anne is an experienced partner with expertise in dispute resolution with a particular focus on the financial services and insurance sectors.
Anne has advised clients in complex commercial litigation proceedings in Australia and overseas relating to a wide variety of issues: for example, Anne has acted for policyholders on claims and coverage issues in relation to all types of insurance including professional indemnity, D&O, cyber and crime.
She has acted for financial institutions in a variety of matters including investigations and proceedings brought by regulators such as ASIC, APRA and ACCC and proceedings brought by private parties.
Through secondments to an insurance broker and two major Australian financial institutions, she has a strong understanding of the sectors in which her clients operate which has guided her involvement across a range of complex litigation matters for clients in Australia, and globally.
Prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills, Anne has worked in the disputes practice of a leading law firm in London and Paris.
Anne is a German national with law degrees from Germany, the USA, England and Australia. She is admitted to practice in the USA, England & Wales and Australia. She speaks English and German and some French.
Experience & expertise
- A gaming organisation on an insurance claim for a temporary loss of IT
- A renewable energy company in relation to its contractual obligations to maintain certain insurance cover
- A construction company on its potential claim under a professional indemnity insurance policy
- A financial institution on potential claims under a trade credit insurance policy
- An Australian financial institution in its investigation by the Australian financial regulator, ASIC, including an investigation into the potential wrongdoing of individuals
- A global payment systems organisation in proceedings brought against it by the Australian competition commission, ACCC, and follow-on proceedings brought by a third party
- An Australian food manufacturer in its dispute with a supplier
- A contractor in its dispute with a sub-contractor over a landmark sporting arena in London
- A big four accountancy firm in an investigation by numerous regulatory bodies into the firm’s audit work of a large investment bank
- A German software company in LCIA proceedings against its former joint venture partner, a large US bank