Angell is a solicitor in the Technology, Media, and Telecommunications team in Sydney.
Angell advises clients on a broad range of technology transactions in both the private and public sectors, including in relation to their commercial contracting, telecommunications, privacy, and M&A-related needs.
She is often involved in large-scale complex procurements and digital transformation projects on both customer and supplier sides, with expertise in the financial services and consumer goods industries. Angell takes a keen interest in supporting clients with navigating their regulated environments, while balancing the need to reduce risk with maintaining commercial and practical value.
Angell also regularly assists with the technology aspects of large M&A transactions, including diligence, transitional services agreements (including IT transition and separation), as well as general IT commercial agreements in all sectors.
Angell holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Commerce from the University of New South Wales.
She is admitted to the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia.
Experience & expertise
- advising various APRA-regulated institutions and financial authorities with their software procurement and digital transformation projects, including in relation to their regulatory obligations regarding operational risk
- Intellihub with their contractual arrangements with energy retailers for the deployment of smart meters
- Tabcorp with various media rights agreements with Australian racing industries
- advising e-commerce and mobile platform companies with their game structures, including emerging issues arising from online gambling laws
- ongoing legal assistance for technology companies including Amazon and Google on general commercial arrangements