André is a competition lawyer and helps clients across all competition disciplines and sectors.
André works with clients on their most exciting transactional opportunities and their most challenging investigations, whether before the UK competition authorities or the European Union institutions.
He is an exceptionally versatile competition and regulatory lawyer, helping clients on the full range of competition work – transactional, investigations, advisory and disputes. André helps clients in a range of sectors, including consumer goods, financial services and the industrial sector.
He is a trusted adviser to many of his longstanding clients and he has an acute ability to understand his clients' commercial needs and motivations. He is a competition lawyer who can relate with equal ease to business executives and other competition specialists – leading to a business-oriented client service.
André helps clients manage competition law risks and engage with (and sometimes challenge) regulators in a wide range of sectors. In recent years he has built up significant expertise in financial services, the consumer goods sector and the innovative economy. Internationally, André's adaptability has seen him work effectively with clients in relation to India, South Africa and other developing jurisdictions.
Experience & expertise
- Uber Technologies on the merger control and antitrust aspects of its JV with Yandex.Taxi in Russia and the CIS, including obtaining clearances in Russia and Kazakhstan
- Uber Technologies on its proposed acquisition of Careem, including in-depth merger control processes in Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Jordan and Pakistan
- Unite Students on obtaining unconditional Phase I clearance from the CMA (after an issues meeting) for its acquisition of Liberty Living, another leading student accommodation provider
- A leading investment bank in relation to the European Commission's investigation into foreign exchange rate manipulation
- A leading customer of Broadcom in connection with the European Commission's abuse of dominance investigation into Broadcom, including the imposition of interim measures
- United Spirits on the divestment of the Whyte & Mackay whisky business to Emperador pursuant to undertakings-in-lieu given to the CMA by Diageo after the latter's investment in United Spirits