Ana is an associate in the litigation and arbitration practice in the Madrid office.
She advises financial entities and developers on banking and construction litigation proceedings, as well as advertising companies in IP and trademark disputes. She also has experience in civil and administrative proceedings.
She has a degree in Law and a master's degree in Foreign trade and internationalisation of companies by Universidad de Córdoba (Spain). She also has a master's degree in Legal consultancy for companies by Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (Spain) and a master's degree for Admission to the Bar by Universidad Educación a Distancia (UNED) (Spain). She speaks Spanish and English. She is a member of the Ilustre Colegio de la Abogacía de Madrid (ICAM – Madrid Bar Association).
Prior to joining the firm, she worked in the legal procedural services practice of a financial entity.
Experience & expertise
- a Spanish financial entity on recurring court proceedings related to the misselling of banking products marketed by the entity and one of its subsidiaries. On the other hand, we are defending the client on several litigation claims related to the commercialization of financial instruments (SWAPS, IRS, Structured Notes, Preference Shares, etc.). It is a global agreement signed with the financial entity for its recurrent defence of these types of matter
- a Spanish financial institution on a contentious-administrative proceeding deriving from execution of Interest Rate Swap (IRS) with local authority of Teguise (Canary Islands)
- Banco Santander and Banco de Sabadell on the second restructuring of the indebtness of Naviera Armas, a leading company of the maritime sector in Spain
- a Spanish sportswear retail chain on general legal advice related to the impact of Covid-19 new rules and measures on its lease and distribution contracts
- a leading Spanish retailer on its defence against a claim filed by an association regarding product advertising