Ali is a senior associate in the London real estate team and advises on all aspects of planning law.
Ali has experience advising on projects in various sectors including real estate, energy and infrastructure. Ali is familiar with both the DCO and traditional planning application route to obtaining consent and has advised on a range of projects under both regimes.
Ali has experience drafting and negotiating planning and highways agreements, undertaking planning due diligence and advising on a range of issues including listed buildings, community infrastructure levy, enforcement, environmental impact assessment, habitats regulations, permitted development rights and highways matters.
Experience & expertise
- EDF on its proposals to construct new nuclear power stations in the UK, including both Sizewell C and Hinkley Point C
- London Luton Airport in relation to its expansion proposals to 19 million passengers per annum ('mppa') (TCPA) and 32 mppa (DCO)
- Stanhope PLC in relation to 8 Bishopsgate and the proposed extension of the British Library
- Castleforge Partners in relation to the extension and refurbishment of 1 Golden Lane, Barbican, London
- Endurance Land in relation to the redevelopment of 1-5 London Wall Buildings, Finsbury Circus
- Qualis Living on a number of its proposed developments in Epping Forest District
- Transmission Capital Partners in relation to its acquisition of the offshore transmission assets of various wind farms including East Anglia One and Moray East
- Sky UK Limited in relation to the development of Sky Campus in Isleworth, Hounslow
- various clients on a range of real estate acquisitions, sales and financings