Ali is a Senior Associate in our London Corporate Crime and Investigations team.
Ali advises clients on contentious and non-contentious matters related to fraud, bribery and corruption, money laundering and sanctions. Ali has experience advising a wide range of clients on complex internal and external investigations, including investigations conducted by the Serious Fraud Office, the Financial Conduct Authority and HM Revenue & Customs. Ali also advises companies on their internal compliance procedures and reporting obligations.
Ali has spent time on secondment to the financial crime team of a global financial institution.
Ali studied German at the University of Oxford before completing the GDL and LPC at BPP Law School, London.
Experience & expertise
- a financial institution in respect of an FCA investigation into potential anti-money laundering systems and controls failings
- various companies on issues relating to international sanctions, particularly those affecting Russia
- a financial institution on an internal investigation following concerns raised by a whistleblower
- various financial institutions on the money laundering risks associated with investments in cannabis-related businesses
- a publicly listed company on an internal investigation into the alleged misappropriation of funds
- an individual under criminal investigation in relation to alleged acts of bribery
- a statutory body on the commission of fraud offences following the misappropriation of trust assets