Alex is a Partner in the Melbourne Corporate Group.
Alex is a Partner in the Melbourne Corporate Group, advising Australian companies on a range of transactions including capital raisings, mergers and acquisitions and corporate restructures.
Alex has particularly strong experience in capital raisings (including pre-IPO capital raisings, IPOs and secondary raises) and private mergers and acquisitions and uses his experience to provide clients with practical, useable advice, exceptional service and great commercial outcomes.
Alex is known for providing commercial and user friendly advice, with one client commenting that his “work ethic, technical skills, commercial acumen, tenacity and capacity to understand and resolve issues efficiently, without drama, and with intense focus on ensuring informed and risk appropriate decisions are hallmarks of his work and advice.”
Alex graduated from the University of Melbourne in 2009 with a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce (for which he was placed on the Dean’s Honours List twice).
Alex joined Herbert Smith Freehills in 2010 and has worked in both the Melbourne and Sydney offices. He was appointed a partner in 2022.
Experience & expertise
- Scientific Games Corporation on the ASX IPO aspect of its dual track sale process for its global lotteries business in 2021, resulting in a sale for US$6.05 billion to Brookfield
- GUD Holdings on its acquisition of Autopacific Group for $745 million and associated $405 million equity raising in 2021
- Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal on its $1.3 billion IPO in 2020
- Ramsay Health Care on its $1.5 billion placement and share purchase plan in 2020
- Carbon Revolution on its pre-IPO capital raising, IPO, placement and SPP, and placement and entitlement offer from 2019-2021