Alex is a senior associate in the London corporate real estate team.
He advises institutional and private equity investors, sovereign wealth funds, REITs, managers, and developers/operators on a range of corporate real estate and private equity real estate transactions. This work includes UK and cross-border corporate real estate M&A, joint ventures and funds, minority/majority structured investments, real estate investment platforms (including private REITs), management co-investments, forward funds and solvent/insolvent reorganisations. His experience is across various real estate sectors, including office, retail, logistics, PBSA, BTR, hotels and life sciences.
Alex has been recognised in Legal 500 UK (Commercial Property: Investment) for his "prowess in private equity transactions".
Experience & expertise
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) on several UK development joint ventures including Paradise Circus Birmingham, Wellington Place Leeds, The Nova Estate London and Milton Park Oxford
- Brookfield on its separate disposals of One and Two London Wall Place, for an aggregate value in excess of £750 million
- Oxford Properties and British Land on the sale of the Leadenhall Building (the Cheesegrater) to CC Land for £1.15 billion
- KKR & Co. Inc. on its joint venture with the Relentless Group (the development company of Gary Neville) in respect of the development of St Michael's mixed use development in Manchester
- Goldman Sachs on two disposals of a PRS portfolio including over 1,000 homes
- a joint venture equity and mezzanine finance provider on a number of joint venture investments in UK residential developments