Alex is an experienced technology lawyer.
Alex's core expertise is in technology transactions for private and public sector entities. He specialises in large-scale technology procurements including system and core application acquisition, IT outsourcing (often involving offshoring and business transformation), managed services (on premise or cloud-based, dedicated or public SaaS, PaaS and IaaS), software development and support, software licensing, hardware procurement and application management. A number of these projects have used agile methodologies. Alex is also experienced in business process outsourcing, data privacy, digital content and telecommunications.
Alex has extensive experience advising private sector companies, acting for both customers and suppliers of technology solutions. He also works for public sector entities including state governments, local authorities and Commonwealth agencies. He has undertaken numerous projects in the areas of health, education, transport and finance.
Alex worked for a number of years in London (including 4 years in-house) often working on deals in other European countries before relocating to Australia. He also has experience working in Asia.
Experience & expertise
- A national bank on procurement of a new core banking system. The project involved an agile development methodology to retain development flexibility for the Bank to refine its requirements during the development stage.
- A national airline on agreements for outsourced passenger ticketing and check-in services addressing sales, distribution and merchandising; passenger recognition; electronic ticketing; e-commerce; inventory and revenue management; check-in and departure control.
- advised an energy supplier on its cybersecurity contract including a managed security operations centre (SOC) responsible for vulnerability management and security information event management (SIEM).
- A government department on the migration of a contract management system for major infrastructure projects on to public cloud infrastructure-as-a-service hosted by Amazon Web Services. The system was originally deployed on private cloud.
- X-as-a-Service - procurement of cloud-based services including:
- local government services
- HR/payroll and human capital management services
- national sport body - membership, results and athlete development
- airport car park booking