Alec is a Senior Associate in our London office specialising in commercial and restructuring litigation.
Alec has a Master's degree in Law and Finance from the University of Oxford and a law degree (Juris Doctor) from the University of Toronto. Alec is qualified as a lawyer in Ontario, Canada, and has been practicing in the UK since January 2016.
Experience & expertise
- the RBS Group in connection with UK group action proceedings arising out of the bank's £12 billion 2008 rights issue
- the Sub-Committee of the Board of Ferrexpo plc in relation to an investigation following the collapse of its Ukrainian banking counterparty
- Sea Trucks Group Limited (in Liquidation) and related entities in relation to multinational disputes with the former management, shareholder and associate company of the group, resulting in over 100 proceedings worldwide
- a leading multinational bank in responding to a liquidator's requests for information in connection with a real estate financing
- the receiver of a major African airline in respect of UK recognition proceedings and related applications