Al is a Senior Associate in the Private Equity team.
Al has a range of private equity experience advising sponsors, portfolio companies and management teams on a number of domestic and international leveraged acquisitions, disposals, fundraises and re-organisations, including advising on primary, secondary, fund-to-fund and bolt-on transactions.
Al's private equity experience also includes advising both sponsors and management teams on both implementation and restructuring of management incentive arrangements.
Al holds a Master of Arts (Honours) in Mediaeval History from the University of St Andrews. He completed the Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law (Moorgate).
Experience & expertise
- a confidential bidder on its proposed acquisition of a minority stake (by way of primary and secondary) in a leading fleet electrification and BESS infrastructure business
- a confidential bidder for JBM Solar, a developer of a platform of co-located solar and BESS projects in GB
- Equistone Partners Europe on the disposal of OneOcean, a voyage solutions provider to Lloyd's Register, a global provider of maritime professional services*
- Marlin Equity Partners on the acquisition of a minority stake in a UAE-based payments services provider to the maritime industry*
- ICG on the closing of its fund-to-fund sale of a leading specialist education services group*
* Experience gained prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills