Agata is a member of Herbert Smith Freehills' Italian Corporate Crime & Investigations practice.
Agata has collaborated in assisting domestic and international companies across multiple industry sectors on white-collar and corporate crime matters.
In particular, she has substantial experience in the field of criminal litigation and an in-depth knowledge with regards to the application of EU sanctions.
Agata is frequently involved in pro bono cases. Her native languages are Italian and English and she's fluent in French.
Agata is a qualified lawyer admitted to the Milan Bar.
She has a double degree in law from the University of Bologna, Italy and Kings College, London, where she obtained her master's degree (LLM). She also studied at the Sorbonne-Paris 1 École de Droit, completing an internship at the Paris HQ of UNESCO.
She also spent an internship period with the Judiciary Office of the Court of Appeal of Milan.
Experience & expertise
- the CEO of the Italian subsidiary of a world-leading healthcare company involved in criminal proceedings for alleged bid-rigging;
- a primary bank and several individuals regarding the implications of European sanctions on contractual obligations and further implications;
- a manager involved in criminal proceedings for bankruptcy;
- an executive within a private hospital in criminal proceedings for false financial statements;
- the legal representative of an energy Holding company for fraud;
- the Head of Internal Audit of a major Italian bank in criminal proceedings for market abuse offence;
- a private individual for corruption;
- a private individual for bid rigging and false statements.