Adelaide specialises in multi-jurisdictional cartel investigations and merger control for complex corporate transactions.
Adelaide has considerable experience in all areas of Hong Kong, EU and UK competition law, as well as of many of the competition regimes in Asia (particularly China).
Her practice encompasses merger control, joint venture arrangements, regulatory investigations (concerning both horizontal and vertical pricing issues, as well as issues regarding the abuse of market power), and competition litigation.
Adelaide worked in the firm's London and Brussels offices prior to relocating to Hong Kong in 2015. She is qualified as a solicitor in Australia, Hong Kong, England and Wales, and Ireland.
Experience & expertise
- Furukawa Electric on the European Commission's cartel investigation into the company and also its joint venture company, VISCAS Corporation, regarding high voltage underground and sub-sea power cables, both before the European Commission and as lead advocate before the General Court of the European Union on appeal
- Nachi-Fujikoshi Corporation on the European Commission's cartel investigation into automotive parts, including leniency/immunity applications, dawn raid, and all aspects of the settlement process. Additionally, advising on the subsequent investigation by the Competition Commission of Singapore, and liaising closely with counsel in numerous jurisdictions (including the US, Australia and Japan) regarding other investigations and follow-on actions for damages
- Yancoal and Yankuang on the PRC and Korean merger control aspects of their AU$3.2 billion acquisition of Rio Tinto's Hunter Valley coal mines, Glencore's challenge to that acquisition, and the subsequent ongoing acquisition by Glencore of 49% of part of the acquired mines
- an Asian sovereign wealth fund on the EU and Asian merger control aspect of multiple transactions
- Sinopec International Petroleum before the European Commission on its acquisition of business and infrastructure in the North Sea and subsequent advice regarding joint marketing