Abhijeet is an Associate in the Competition, Regulation and Trade group based in Brussels.
Abhijeet advises companies operating in a broad range of sectors, including the technology, e-commerce and pharmaceutical sectors, on investigation by competition authorities, merger control, and on competition law implications of strategic business decisions.
Abhijeet has significant cross-border experience having practiced competition law in India, London and Brussels.
Experience & expertise
- Mitsubishi Corporation on the EU merger control aspects of its joint venture with Mitsubishi HC Capital Inc
- an independent telecommunications tower operator on merger control aspects of various transactions in the MENA region
- a sovereign wealth fund on merger control aspects of an acquisition in Europe
- several Japanese companies on multi-jurisdictional merger control assessment
- a truck manufacturer in follow-on damages claims in the UK*
- an American online retailor on all aspects of Indian competition law, including abuse of dominance, vertical agreements and merger control*
- a major smartphone company in an investigation by the Indian competition authority*
*Experience gained prior to joining Herbert Smith Freehills