Álvaro is a junior associate in the corporate practice in the Madrid office.
He advises corporates and funds on transactions mainly related to M&A, private equity and renewable energy.
He has a dual degree in Law and Business Administration (E-3) by Universidad Pontificia Comillas (ICADE)(Spain), partially studied at Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen (Germany) and North Carolina State University (USA). He also has a dual master's degree for Admission to the Bar and Business legal advice (LLM) by IE Law School (Spain). He speaks Spanish, English and German. He is a member of the Ilustre Colegio de la Abogacía de Madrid (ICAM – Madrid Bar Association).
Prior to joining the firm, he completed internships in the public law and corporate practices of other leadings law firms in Spain.
Experience & expertise
- H.I.G. Capital on the acquisition of Estacionamientos y Servicios, a company dedicated to the management of parking lots and a leading provider of smart mobility solutions, from Portobello Capital. This transaction is the largest operation in the Spanish smart mobility market
- Engie, together with Crédit Agricole Assurances, on the acquisition of up to 100% of the share capital of the Spanish company Eolia Renovables from Alberta Investment Management Corporation
- Nazca Capital and the founders on the indirect disposal of Diater Laboratorio de Diagnóstico y Aplicaciones Terapéuticas, a leading biopharmaceutical company in the Spanish market of diagnostics and treatments for allergic patients
- the founder of Inden Pharma Packaging, a leader in the international market of pharmaceutical packaging, on the formation of a joint venture with ALPLApharma, one of the world's leading companies in the production and recycling of plastic packaging, to expand their pharma packaging business
- Magnum Industrial Partners on the acquisition of a stake in SunMedia, one of the largest AdTech companies in Spain