Álvaro is a junior associate in the corporate practice in the Madrid office.
He advises corporates and funds on transactions mainly related to M&A, private equity and renewable energy.
Álvaro's experience includes advising:
- Altano Energy on the acquisition of 100% of the shares in Navarro Generación, an energy company focused on hydroelectric assets
- Magnum Industrial Partners on the acquisition of a stake in SunMedia, one of the largest AdTech companies in Spain
- Engie, together with Crédit Agricole Assurances, on the acquisition of up to 100% of the share capital of the Spanish company Eolia Renovables from Alberta Investment Management Corporation
- H.I.G. Capital on the acquisition of Estacionamientos y Servicios, a company dedicated to the management of parking lots and a leading provider of smart mobility solutions, from Portobello Capital. This transaction is the largest operation in the Spanish smart mobility market
- a pan-European renewable energy investment platform on the acquisition of the 100% of the share capital of seven project companies which, in turn, own seven photovoltaic projects comprising 270MW, as well as advice on the foreign investment regime applicable to the transaction, the drafting and negotiation of the SPA and the development services agreement
Álvaro has a degree in Law and Business Management from Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE E-3), degree which he partially pursued in the Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen, Germany and in the North Carolina State University, United States. Álvaro also has a master's degree in Access to the Legal Profession and a master’s degree on Legal Advice (LLM) from the IE University.
Prior to joining the firm, he completed internships in the public law and corporate practices of other several leadings law firms in Spain.
He speaks Spanish, English and German.