We work with insurance policyholders at all stages of the insurance process ensuring policies are fit for purpose at the outset and in the event of a claim to recover sums due from insurers through negotiation, mediation, litigation and arbitration.
Our end to end service for insurance policyholders around the globe spans a broad range of sectors including construction, energy, financial, manufacturing, mining, retail and transport.
We can help you with:
- contractual risk allocation and the interface with insurance
- reviewing and developing policy wordings and structures in close collaboration with a client's brokers
- assisting policyholders with major claims, including advice on coverage, preparation of claims submissions, claim project management and claims advocacy to secure an appropriate settlement of the claim using the full range of dispute resolution procedures such as litigation, arbitration and mediation
- handling product liability issues for corporate clients both in relation to the underlying liability issue and any insurance arrangements
- advising clients in relation to issues flowing from critical business events including environmental incidents; property damage; personal injury claims; corporate manslaughter charges and health and safety investigations
- representing insured directors and officers and major corporates in defending claims covered by their insurance policy where they have rights to nominate their choice of legal representation.
Policyholder Insurance Highlights publications
Read our assessment of the key lessons for insurance policyholders from previous year’s top cases.
A major financial banking institution
Advising in relation to clams under a civil liability insurance arising out of investor claims in various jurisdictions in respect of investments in Madoff feeder funds
Single Buoy Moorings
Advising in connection with a $1.3 billion Construction All Risks insurance claim considered to be the largest in the energy insurance market of the last decade