As population growth and urbanisation continue, both metropolitan and regional cities require greater connectivity and infrastructure to support societal and economic demands. Metros, light rail, conventional and high speed rail each play a pivotal role in connecting people and transporting goods, often in the most environmentally friendly way.
Our multi-disciplinary team of world-leading rail specialists and regional experts provide practical legal advice based on a deep and thorough knowledge of the rail sector. We work alongside our clients and, as part of their team, enable them to achieve their objectives whether it be:
- investing in a train operator or infrastructure owner
- the successful funding or delivery of a rail project
- a station development or other redevelopment scheme associated with a rail project
- the operation, maintenance or renewal of existing rail infrastructure such as signalling and communication systems
- procuring or leasing rolling stock
- dealing with environmental, health and safety issues or other operational issues
- navigating complex regulatory frameworks or
- commercial arrangements such as passenger rail franchises
Our understanding of the complexities and nuances of the rail sector means that we are ideally placed to advise clients if disputes arise. Our rail team includes dedicated rail disputes experts who understand the specific industry dispute resolution arrangements and who have leading expertise in all forms of dispute resolution including litigation, arbitration and adjudication.
By acting for clients on some of the world’s largest rail projects, M&A deals and commercial transactions, we are at the forefront of understanding legal and industry developments.
We advise project sponsors, train operating companies, governmental bodies and regulators, infrastructure funds and other investors in the rail sector, rolling stock leasing companies, infrastructure owners and developers and public and private sector funders. This experience gives us a unique insight and understanding that allows us to develop innovative solutions and meet our clients’ objectives.