He advises on a diverse range of cross-border commercial and financial transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, capital markets and securities, as well as natural resources projects.
David is a respected adviser to a list of regular blue-chip clients including BHP Billiton, Deutsche Bank, Hewlett Packard, Mitsubishi Corporation and Orica.
His experience includes:
- Rio Tinto and BP on the high-profile mandatory divestment of a majority interest in world-class coal mine PT Kaltim Prima Coal to Indonesian investors, and related litigation
- Hutchison Port Holdings on the privatisation and operations of Jakarta’s international container port
- Mitsui on the proposed acquisition of an interest in the Tangguh liquefied natural gas project
- Goldman Sachs on numerous international securities offerings by Indonesian-based issuers, and on its Indonesian business activities generally
- BP, Sumitomo and Mitsui on the disposal of their interests in Indonesian joint venture petrochemical company PT Petrokimia Nusa
Having worked in Jakarta since the early 1990s, David is fluent in spoken and written Bahasa Indonesia.