Herbert Smith Freehills Corporate senior associate Rebecca Perlman has been listed as one of The Lawyer's Hot 100 for 2021. The Lawyer Hot 100 list gathers together the most daring, innovative and creative lawyers in the UK for the past year. Rebecca is one of only two associates to make it on to this year’s list.
Having launched the firm’s impact investment and social finance practice, becoming the youngest co-head of such a practice in the City and one of the only women in such a role, corporate senior associate Rebecca Perlman has this year leveraged her expertise as an impact investment and ESG specialist to support clients urgently navigating new pressures and shifting expectations around the role of the company in society due to Covid-19.
This includes Rebecca’s work with clients regarding:
- the growing ESG regulatory framework, including in relation to reporting and disclosure obligations and internal policies and processes;
- the development of specialist ESG due diligence frameworks and tools;
- the design and delivery of in-depth, tailored ESG training for clients across sectors;
- the design and launch of the firm’s global, cross-practice ESG Tracker, which helps over 2,000 clients keep on top of the fast-moving ESG regulatory and policy changes; and
- developing a wide range of ESG-related client tools, including an in-depth guide on the impact of Covid-19 on ESG and the implications for businesses, investors and lenders.
It also includes her work with our key clients to help them advance their major ESG priorities, such as those in relation to systemic racism. Just one example is the firm’s new landmark partnership with BlackRock’s legal team and equality-focused charity, Equally Ours, to deliver holistic legal support to social sector organisations focused on improving equality in the UK.
Rebecca has continued to drive the firm’s impact investment practice alongside this wider ESG work, including advising on ground-breaking transactions for The Big Issue, Beam and the Shell Foundation.
Read more about Rebecca's inclusion in The Lawyer Hot 100 2021 and the full list here.