Herbert Smith Freehills has been recognised for its innovative approach to the legal challenges faced by the Life Sciences sector and its ability to deliver support across multiple jurisdictions.
The firm’s Life Sciences team has picked up five awards at the eighth annual LMG Life Sciences awards. Focusing on legal work undertaken across Europe and North America, the awards represent industry-wide acknowledgement of the firms driving the international market.
The firm won the following awards:
- Firm of the Year: Patent Strategy & Management
- Firm to Watch: Litigation & Enforcement
- Life Sciences Firm of the Year – Italy.
In addition to the team awards, two Herbert Smith Freehills lawyers were also recognised for their individual contribution to clients over the past 12 months
- Laura Orlando, managing partner in the firm’s Milan office and co-Head of Herbert Smith Freehills’ EMEA Life Sciences practice, was recognised in the category of IP Lawyer of the Year (medical devices) – an award which follows her recent listing as one of Italy’s leading disputes lawyers, and
- Martyn Jones, a senior associate in the firm’s Corporate M&A team in London, achieved client recognition, winning the Rising Star (financial & corporate) award.
Commenting on the award wins, Frédéric Chevallier, co-Head of Herbert Smith Freehills’ EMEA Life Sciences practice, commented: "It's very encouraging, as we continue to strengthen our platform, to receive this recognition from our clients. At a time when they are dealing with novel issues in the sector, it is more important than ever to be able to bring to bear our specialist team to add value at this critical moment."