Herbert Smith Freehills’ private equity and venture capital team has advised Zepto on its AUD$25 million Series A capital raise. The round was led by AirTree Ventures and Decade Partners.
Zepto creates real-time, data-driven, account to account merchant payment solutions. The new capital will be employed to fund the growth and expansion of the company.
The Herbert Smith Freehills team was led by Head of Venture Capital Peter Dunne, partner Aaron White and solicitor Katherine Duong. The firm worked with associated tax practice Greenwoods & Herbert Smith Freehills, led by partner Toby Eggleston.
Aaron White said, “It was a privilege to advise the Zepto team on this significant fundraising. We wish Zepto and their investors every success in scaling the company.”
Katherine Duong added, “We enjoy working on transactions with founders and their management teams and helping companies to achieve their goals, and we love it even more when we get to partner with teams as great as Zepto’s. Well done to the Zepto team for their work on this raise.”
Zepto CEO Chris Jewell said “We are extremely grateful for Herbert Smith Freehills’ advice on this, our first external funding round. Herbert Smith Freehills’ will remain a key advisory partner as we grow and scale Zepto”.
This deal is another example of Herbert Smith Freehills’ market-leading work in Australian venture capital raisings. Other recent examples include:
- Linktree on its US$10.7 million Series A, US$45 million Series B and its US$110 million capital raise
- Who Gives A Crap on its A$41.5 million Series A capital raise
- SafetyCulture on its A$90 million Series C2 capital raise
- Deputy Group on its A$111 million Series B capital raise
- Culture Amp on its A$120 million Series E capital raise and A$135 million Series F capital raise and secondary sale