Herbert Smith Freehills’ private equity and venture capital team has advised Finder on its A$30 million Series A capital raise, which valued the business at A$650 million on a pre-money basis. The round was led by Future Now Capital.
This new capital will be employed to fund the continued rapid growth and expansion of the company.
Finder is an Australian company that now operates as a global personal finance platform available in more than 50 countries.
Claire Thompson said: “As one of Australia’s best-known startups, Finder has achieved big things while remaining entirely bootstrapped. We are excited to see how this capital raise will accelerate the company’s growth.”
Finder founder, Frank Restuccia, said: "After 15 years of being entirely bootstrapped, taking on external equity for the first time was a big step for us. We're pleased to have had Peter, Claire and Roy in our corner to make the process as smooth as possible. Finder helps people make better financial decisions every day and this capital will help accelerate the achievement of our mission globally."
This deal is another example of Herbert Smith Freehills’ market-leading work in Australian venture capital raisings and fintech transactions. Other recent examples include advising:
- SafetyCulture on its A$60.5 million Series C capital raise
- Culture Amp on its A$120 million Series E capital raise and A$135 million Series F capital raise and secondary sale
- Linktree on its US$10.7 million Series A and US$45 million Series B capital raises
- Who Gives A Crap on its A$41.5 Million Series A capital raise
- Mr Yum on its A$11 million post-seed and A$89 million Series A capital raises