Herbert Smith Freehills’ CEO Justin D’Agostino has announced a streamlined leadership structure and four new managing partners.
“Our aim is to build an ambitious yet straightforward firm, sharply focussed on our strategy, clients, markets and people – and on strong financial performance and resilience," said Justin.
“By devolving day-to-day decisions closer to the business, we’ll allow our people to work in the way that makes most sense for their clients and region.”
“The new executive has been working together on our pandemic response since late February, and our experience has confirmed the need for a nimble leadership structure – one that guides globally yet allows leaders to act locally.”
“By engaging and empowering the talent at every level of the firm, I believe we can emerge from this situation stronger and bolder, and transform our business.”
As part of these changes, May Tai has been appointed to lead the Asia region while Alexei Roudiak assumes a new role as managing partner of EMEA. Anna Sutherland and Damien Byrne Hill are named as new joint managing partners for the global Disputes practice group.
All appointments took effect on 1 May 2020.
Executive members are:
- CEO – Justin D’Agostino
- Executive Partner, Practices – Ian Cox (Managing partners for our six global practice groups report to Ian.)
- Executive Partner, East – Andrew Pike (Andrew will continue to lead the Australia region and chair the Asia Regional Executive. The Managing Partner for Asia reports to Andrew.)
- Executive Partner, West – Alison Brown (Alison will lead the UK/US region and chair the UK Regional Executive. The Managing Partner for EMEA and office Managing Partner for New York report to Alison.)
- Chief Operating Officer – Nicole Bamforth (Nicole leads the firm's Business Services and chairs our global operations committee comprising the firm's CXOs.)
- Chief Financial Officer – Steve Bowers
The Executive is supported by Sarah Munro, Head of the Executive Office.
Managing partners of practice groups:
- Libby Jackson MBE – Managing Partner, Alternative Legal Services
- Carolyn Pugsley and Stephen Wilkinson – Managing Partners, Corporate
- Stephen Wisking – Managing Partner, Competition, Regulatory and Trade
- Anna Sutherland and Damien Byrne Hill – Disputes
- Jason Ricketts – Managing Partner, Finance, Real Estate and Projects and Latin America
The Employment, Pensions and Incentives practice group will continue to be led by Alison Brown.