Herbert Smith Freehills’ venture capital team has advised CarExpert on its multi-million dollar capital raise led by Seven West Media.
CarExpert is an independent automotive website that delivers car reviews, comparisons, news and other content from leading automotive experts. Seven West Media has also appointed CarExpert as its primary automotive partner.
The Herbert Smith Freehills team was led by Co-Head of Venture Capital (Australia) Elizabeth Henderson and solicitor John Slater, with support from senior associates Wendy Tian and executive counsel Melanie Bouton.
Elizabeth Henderson said, “Congratulations to Expert Media and Seven West Media on this terrific partnership. We look forward to seeing CarExpert’s continued growth and success.”
CarExpert founder, Alborz Fallah, said, “Negotiating a capital injection with one of Australia’s largest media companies was never going to be easy, but with Herbert Smith Freehills on our side, we walked away with a deal that both sides were happy with.”
This deal is another example of Herbert Smith Freehills’ market-leading work in venture capital raisings by Australian tech companies. Other recent examples include:
- Mr Yum on its A$89 million Series A capital raise
- Dovetail Research on its US$63 Million Series A capital raise
- Deputy Group on its A$111 million Series B capital raise
- Culture Amp on its A$120 million Series E capital raise and A$135 million Series F capital raise and secondary sale
- Linktree on its US$10.7 million Series A and US$45 million Series B capital raises
- Who Gives A Crap on its A$41.5 Million Series A capital raise