Herbert Smith Freehills’ private equity and venture capital team has advised LittleOak Organics Pte Ltd (LittleOak) on its Series A capital raise. The round was led by Parc Capital.
Headquartered in Singapore, LittleOak has operations in Australia and new Zealand that develops, manufactures, sells and distributes infant and toddler goat milk nutrition products.
The Herbert Smith Freehills team was led by partner and head of venture capital Peter Dunne and Senior Associate Sally London.
Sally London said, “LittleOak has cemented its position as one of Australia’s great start up success stories in the infant formula market that the founder and loyal early investors are incredibly proud of. We were delighted to be part of LittleOak’s journey and to achieve a great investment outcome for LittleOak.”
LittleOak's Founder, Elke Pascoe, said: “We are very pleased with the success of this capital raise and the huge potential that the partnership with Parc provides. The Freehills team, led by Peter and Sally, expertly navigated us through the intricacies of the negotiations, securing a deal which will allow LittleOak to take advantage of our future growth opportunities and accelerate our customer acquisition in existing and new markets.
“It’s an exciting time for LittleOak,” said Pascoe.
This deal is another example of Herbert Smith Freehills’ market-leading work in Australian venture capital raisings and founder liquidity transactions. Other recent examples include:
- Kasada on its A$15 million Series B capital raise;
- SafetyCulture on its A$60.5 million Series C capital raise and secondary sale;
- Deputy Group on its A$111 million Series B capital raise;
- Culture Amp on its A$120 million Series E capital raise; and
- capital raises for Verteva (Nano Home Loans), Sonder, Shippit, Spriggy, Gilmour Space, Nura, Roborigger, Reejig, Elenium Automation, Campaign Monitor, Tyro Payments, Airwallex, Different, Shore Trade, Buckitdream and others.