Herbert Smith Freehills’ venture capital team has advised Dovetail on its Series Seed capital raise. Dovetail is an Australian technology company that provides streamlined, cloud-based software to users to centralise and collaborate user research and customer feedback data. The round was led by Australian venture capital firm Blackbird Ventures.
Dovetail was founded in 2017 by Benjamin Humphrey and Bradley Ayers who believe that the secret to making great products is understanding the customer. They bring a focus on product development and prioritise building intuitive experiences that are changing the way businesses analyse and use data.
The Herbert Smith Freehills team was led by partner and Head of Venture Capital Peter Dunne, who was supported by solicitors Myra Beal and Lisa Alderson.
Peter Dunne said, “We are excited to be a part of Dovetail’s journey and to have been able to advise them on their Series Seed capital raise. It has been a pleasure to work closely with founders Benjamin and Brad, and we look forward to future collaborations”.
Dovetail CEO and co-founder Benjamin Humphrey said, “Peter and his team’s first-hand experience working with technology startups in Australia helped us navigate the waters of our first capital raise, and they were fantastic to work with throughout the entire investment process”.
This deal is another example of Herbert Smith Freehills’ market-leading work in the Australian technology sector and Australian venture capital. Other recent examples include advising:
- Expert360 on its A$12 million Series C capital raise;
- Culture Amp on its A$120 million Series E capital raise;
- Deputy Group on its A$111 million Series B capital raise;
- Nura Holding on its A$21 million Series A capital raise;
- Ansarada on its A$24 million Series A capital raise; and
- on capital raises for Campaign Monitor, Safety Culture, Tyro Payments, Different, Elanation, Style Arcade, Shore Trade, Social Garden, Cognitive Platforms, Buckitdream, and others.